So you have decided to invest in an apartment in Auckland City? Inner city apartment living is a growing trend in Auckland especially among young professionals and recent college/university graduates.
Finding apartments for sale in New Zealand’s largest city, Auckland, is as easy as typing ‘apartment for sale Auckland City’ into your favourite search engine, picking up the latest Auckland City real estate magazine, scouting listings in local newspapers or enlisting the help of a real estate consultant/agent with professional experience and expertise in the real estate industry.
Bigger, more time consuming decisions include where exactly in Auckland City you want to buy, how much you can afford and the style / size of apartment you require.
Where in central Auckland City do you want to buy? The main suburbs include Auckland CBD, Epsom, Greenlane, Newmarket, One Tree Hill, Parnell, Remuera, Mechanics Bay, Grafton and Newton.
Influential factors may include:
– Proximity to your work and / or transport centres such as rail, buses and ferry terminals.
– The visual aesthetics of Auckland’s beautiful waterfront.
– The lifestyle benefits obtained from being right in the centre of all the hype and buzz of the city.
Price / Budget
The recent 2008 / 2009 economic situation in New Zealand has seen many Auckland City centre apartments come down in price, making this form of property ownership an attractive option.
Apartment prices are generally dependent on the location, size and number of rooms, plus how contemporary and progressive the apartment is. Prices can be as low as $50,000 NZD for a one bedroom – studio room and as expensive as $4,500,000 for a four bedroom luxurious residential apartment.
Style / Size
With a range of apartment types and characteristics available you will need to consider style and size factors such as:
– How many entrance ways to the apartment are there?
– Do you need multiple rooms or will a studio room suit your lifestyle?
– Does the apartment have air conditioning and heating?
– What interior design features and fittings are important to you?
– Do you require garaging?
– Is there an outdoor patio, deck or courtyard area?
– If buying in a complex building, what features and facilities are important to you – A gym, car parking, pool, cafe and / or secured site access?
You may be looking for an apartment for sale in Auckland City to live in yourself, to have as a rental investment or to use as a weekend/holiday home. Finding your apartment will include making decisions based on location, price and style.